Website Agakhan Hospital Kisumu
Established in 1952, the Aga Khan Hospital in Kisumu is part of the Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS). It is a 61-bed acute care facility managed by qualified professionals who include experienced, full-time resident doctors and consultants. The hospital’s objectives are to provide high quality, cost-effective health care to the population of Western Kenya and neighbouring countries. The Hospital provides general medicine services, specialist clinics and high-tech diagnostic services and has a well-equipped 24-hour emergency Casualty Department. It is also part of the AKHS international referral system, with links to the Aga Khan University Hospital in Nairobi and Karachi respectively. History On 26 February 1951, Prince Aly Khan laid the foundation for the Aga Khan Dispensary and Maternity Home. The home had an 8-bed general ward. In 1960, the dispensary was extended to incorporate two general wards with a total of 17 beds and an outpatient department.
Ref. No AKHK/KSM/LSHH/03/22
Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the successful candidate will plan and organize operations in the section to achieve quality diagnostic outcomes within targeted turnover times and overhead costs, to support business goals and strategies.
- Manage section staffing to develop required personnel skills and competencies and maintain optimal bench coverage.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases to guarantee accuracy, reliability and timeliness of laboratory results
- Develop and oversee implementation of internal quality control and proficiency testing programs in the sections
- Effective management of departmental resources including reagents and equipment to manage costs and increase efficiencies
- Plan and conduct quality and safety audits in the department to sustain accreditation status and ensure safety of personnel and visitors
- Monitor and address customer feedback ensuring timely investigation, resolution and closure of complaints
- Timely receipt, testing and release of laboratory test results
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences Higher National Diploma or Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years of working experience in a busy medical laboratory.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory quality standards.
Candidates who have worked in an accredited laboratory will have an added advantage Ability to demonstrate good management and leadership skills Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory
How To Apply:
Send your application letter and CV to the provided email address.
To apply for this job please visit www.agakhanhospitals.org.