Website Kiambu County - Public Service Board
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Work experience: 2 years
Language skills: English
Contract Type: Full time
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a holder of a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C (plain) or its equivalent;
- Be a holder of a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
- Be registered by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB) with a valid practicing license;
- Have at least 2 years of working experience in a diagnostic Medical Laboratory;
- Be computer literate;
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills;
Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Have good organizational skills;
- Have the ability to foster a good working environment conducive to excellent customer service;
- Have knowledge of general safety and quality assurance procedures.
- Conducting laboratory testing procedures as per the required SOPs;
- Establishing routine work flow; develop and refine SOPs, job aids, log books, and referral forms as needed;
- Conduct lab activities that improve test performance and decrease turnaround time;
- Development and implementation of an equipment maintenance program;
- Reagent quantification, forecasting and timely reporting to the lab Manager, SCMLT, and CMLC;
- Providing technical information to physicians, patients and other health care workers in regard to lab diagnostic work;
- Receiving, collecting, labelling, registering, storage and Transportation of lab specimens;
- Preparation of lab reagents;
- Conducting any other duty as may be prescribed by the supervisor.
Non Discrimination Policy
KIAMBU COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. EMPLOYEES OF THE COUNTY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
WOMEN, MINORITIES AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
ANY FORM OF CANVASSING SHALL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees. Academic
and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents. Clearly indicate the position applied for both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the specific box provided at the County
Public Service Board offices, Room 103, first floor at Thika Sub-County offices between 8.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m on weekdays.
Applicants should seek clearance from and attach copies or evidence thereof of the
CURRENT (valid in 2021) documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 14th May, 2021 at 5.00 pm.
County Public Service Board
P O Box 2362 – 00900
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Short listed candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during
- The County Public Service Board is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. People with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
The County Public Service Board does NOT Charge any fee in the recruitment process, candidates should report to Police any one/number calling to solicit for cash from the
To apply for this job please visit kiambu.go.ke.