Website Aga Khan University Hospital
Location –Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to the Section Head Haematology, the Laboratory Technologist will ensure provision of effective, efficient, quality laboratory analytical services in the Laboratory.
- Receive and analyze Haematology/special Haematology specimens.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls in Haematology/special Haematology to ensure validity of reports.
- Manage routine and planned preventive maintenance of equipment in Haematology.
- Perform tests with maximum efficiency ensuring maximum utilization of reagents and time following laid down standard operating procedures.
- Communicate urgent/critical/abnormal test results within recommended period of time and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Observe/comply with Health & Safety requirements in the laboratory by maintaining high standards of hygiene and general cleanliness in the work area.
- Participate in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives
- Participate in continuous medical education
- Receive specimens for Immunohaematology and carry out appropriate testing observing internal quality checks to ensure validity of test results.
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures in Haematology and Immuno-haematology.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor or designee
- Higher Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Registration with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and Technologists Board is mandatory;
- Minimum 3 (three) years’ working experience;
- Demonstrable computer literacy;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Positive attitude towards work and other members of the team;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Unquestionable integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic with attention to timeliness.
Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi
Organization: Aga Khan University Hospital, Kenya
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: 02/06/2023, 5:13:40 PM
Closing Date:16/06/2023, 9:59:00 PM
To apply for this job click here
To apply for this job please visit aku.taleo.net.