Website https://www.twitter.com/hope2shine Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
To be responsible in ensuring that SHOFCO achieves its mandate of providing the highest attainable standard of quality health care service delivery through timely, effective and efficient medical laboratory services.
Experience Level:Mid level
Experience Length:3 years
Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) combats extreme poverty and gender inequity in Kenya by linking tuition-free schools for girls to a set of high-value, holistic community services for the urban poor. In our model, a girls’ school becomes a portal for large-scale social change.
Through a demand-driven approach to grassroots development, our model extends beyond the schools for girls, broadening outreach by providing communities with integrated basic services through three other initiatives: health, community empowerment, and clean water and sanitation.
To be responsible for ensuring that SHOFCO achieves its mandate of providing the highest attainable standard of quality health care service delivery through timely, effective and efficient medical laboratory services.
Location: Kibera / Mathare
Reports to: Clinic Manager/ Satellite Clinic Coordinator
Key Responsibilities and Job Dimensions
- Prepare the laboratory equipment and specimens for tests.
- Prepare clients for specimens’ collection.
- Receive, collect, label and register patients’ specimens.
- Undertake quality control measures on working reagents to ensure conformity with set norms and standards.
- Prepare, store and ensure availability and optimum utilization of reagents.
- Document all processes and results to ensure the availability of supportive information and give reports on the same.
- Implement all set stock control procedures to ensure accountability.
- Maintain high standards in good laboratory practice, laboratory safety, and laboratory hygiene.
- Process and analyse specimens for special techniques including viral load and CD4 counts.
- Write, record and verify results.
- Ensure superior customer experience to all internal and external community members.
- Management and maintenance scheduling of Laboratory equipment.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution by KMLTTB.
- Registered member of the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technician and TechnologistsBoard.
- A certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution
- Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least 3 years experience in laboratory work.
- Examining information
- Checking things
- Interacting with people
- Producing output
- Behavioral Competencies/Attributes
- Following procedure
- Upholding standards
- Team working
- Establishing rapport
- How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to email@example.com quoting their current and expected salaries. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Applications without this information will not be considered. Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org