Website Busia County (Public Service Board)
- Title: Medical Laboratory Technologist III
- Experience: 1 years
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma
- Job Level: Entry level
- Work Type: Full time
- Employer: County Public Service Board of Busia Description
Pursuant to Article 235 (1) (b) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Section 59 (1) (b), of The County Governments Act No.17, 2012, The County Public Service Board of Busia invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill vacant positions in the Department of Health and sanitation.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPOINTMENT SPECIFICATION
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST III, JOB GROUP ‘H’ – FOUR (4) POSTS-V/NO.16/2021
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior and experienced officer.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
- decontaminating working benches;
- receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms and for accuracy, preparing clients for collection of specimens,
- receiving, collecting, labeling and registering specimens, disaggregating specimens for processing and analysis; and performing routine diagnostic tests.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have;
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board(KMLTTB)
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
Permanent and pensionable
I. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
II. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
III. The County Government of Busia is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Article 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
IV. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
V. It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
How to Apply
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
(i) Copy of Identity (ID) Card
(ii) Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates
(iii) Copies of Registration Certificate from the relevant professional bodies(where applicable)
(iv) Copies of Practicing License from the relevant Regulatory Body (where applicable)
(v) Computer Packages Certificate
(vi) Mandatory Additional requirements (Chapter VI documents of the constitution of Kenya 2010)
a) VALID Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
b) VALID Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Clearance Certificate
c) VALID Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance Certificate
d) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Self-Declaration Form
e) Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials and send to the undersigned on or before 17th May, 2021 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)
County Public Service Board
County Government of Busia
To apply for this job please visit www.busiacounty.go.ke.