Website The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network.
The Hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services, Safe Care level 5 accreditation and is at an advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has Outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The Hospital is seeking to attract interested and qualified applicants to fill the positions listed below in
the Main Hospital:
Laboratory Section Head – Hematology / Phlebotomy
Ref. No AKHK/KSM/LSHH/03/22
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Laboratory Manager, the successful candidate will plan and organize operations in the section to achieve quality diagnostic outcomes within targeted turnover times and overhead costs, to support business goals and strategies.
• Manage section staffing to develop required personnel skills and competencies and maintain optimal bench coverage.
• Develop and implement processes and procedures for pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases to guarantee accuracy, reliability and timeliness of laboratory results
• Develop and oversee implementation of internal quality control and proficiency testing programs in the sections
• Effective management of departmental resources including reagents and equipment to manage costs and increase efficiencies
• Plan and conduct quality and safety audits in the department to sustain accreditation status and ensure safety of personnel and visitors
• Monitor and address customer feedback ensuring timely investigation, resolution and closure of complaints
• Timely receipt, testing and release of laboratory test results
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
• Higher National Diploma or Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences will be an added advantage
• Minimum of five (5) years of working experience in a busy medical laboratory.
• Excellent knowledge of laboratory quality standards. Candidates who have worked in an accredited laboratory will have an added advantage
• Ability to demonstrate good management and leadership skills
• Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory.
Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and reference number on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to on or before 24th March 2022.
The email subject line MUST include the position title and reference number being applied for i.e., ‘ ‘LABORATORY SECTION HEAD – HEMATOLOGY / PHLEBOTOMY – AKHK/KSM/LSHH/03/22”.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, or medical examination).
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit www.agakhanhospitals.org.