Relevant Laws And Regulations Governing Medical Lab Practice In Kenya.
- When setting up a medical Lab, laboratory medicine practice, one of the first things to be very conversant with are the applicable laws and regulations.
- Its a highly regulated sector primarily geared towards patient safety
- All aspects of the practice including personnel, facilities, technical aspects are highly regulated
- Acts of parliament to be aware of are. Note clicking on the links takes you to a more detailed description.
- Public Health Act
- Human tissue act
- Blood transfusion act
- Medical Ethics Act
- Coroner act 2017
- Medical waste disposal regulations
- regulations of laboratory medicine are quite fragmented
- This complicates compliance as most