Website Christian Health Asociation of Kenya (CHAK)
Christian Health Association of Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 21 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith-based organization committed to promoting universal access to quality health care in Kenya since 1946. CHAK is seeking to recruit highly competent, experienced and fit for purpose key personnel in the anticipated five-year contract to continue the acceleration of sustainable high-quality comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services, to achieve the 95-95-95 targets and HIV epidemic control, and transition to a sustainable service delivery model in the Central Kenya region.
Reporting to the STA, the Laboratory Lead will provide leadership for the implementation of HIV/TB laboratory systems and activities according to international standards and Government of Kenya requirements. He will implement the laboratory capacity building and networking strategy and support laboratory training, mentorship, technical assistance, and quality assurance activities to build the capacity of FBHF staff and counties.
• Provide technical leadership and oversight for the project team on efficient laboratory systems and networks for HIV and TB diagnostics, ensuring coordinated and efficient specimen sample collection and transfers, results transmission and reasonable turnaround times; **
• Responsible for technical assistance and capacity building support to sub-county and facility laboratory personnel for expansion of quality laboratory services including improved access to laboratory diagnosis and monitoring through HIV testing, virologic monitoring, CD4 testing, early infant diagnosis (EID) and new innovative TB diagnostics to support provision of quality integrated HIV services at health facilities in liaison with County Medical Lab Coordinators and NPHL;**
• Support capacity building and technical assistance to facility laboratory personnel on reagent/commodity forecasting, quantification, procurement and consumption reporting in liaison with County and Sub County Medical Lab Coordinators, and the national supply chain mechanisms;**
• Support capacity building and technical assistance to sub-county and facility laboratory personnel on laboratory-related QA/QC, lab equipment maintenance and related service contracts in liaison with national laboratory reference labs and equipment vendors;**
• Work in close collaboration with the M&E Director to strengthen Laboratory Management Information Systems for commodity reporting at facility, sub-county and county levels;**
• Represent the project team at technical/stakeholder forums with the county and national government, the donor agencies and other implementing partners on laboratory-related matters;**
• Advise and ensure compliance with infection prevention and control, biosafety and biosecurity standards across project supported health facilities providing HIV and TB testing services**.**
• Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or related qualification.
• Post graduate qualifications in medical laboratory sciences, public health or related disciplines will be an added advantage.
• Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in implementing PEPFAR laboratory strengthening service delivery programs.
• Proven track record of providing mentorship and supervision for strengthening laboratory services and training in quality improvement approaches.
• Good knowledge on lab commodity management, reporting and LMIS, biosafety and biosecurity and quality control protocols
• Experience working with MOH structures and personnel and good knowledge of laboratory related health systems strengthening.
• Strong programming, management, technical and critical thinking skills to facilitate program implementation.
• Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and report writing skills.
• Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS office.
• Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines in a complex implementation environment.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates are advised to send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th May 2022. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
*Disclaimer: CHAK does not charge money nor engage an agent at any point of the recruitment process* *
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com