Website MP Shah Hospital
Perform technical work involving molecular analysis of human biological materials. Job duties include a combination of the following responsibilities: extensive and complex steps requiring manual manipulation and pipetting, close monitoring and control, evaluation of data, and careful and accurate work
Note that this is a guideline, not a comprehensive list of duties.
- Examine specimens received by the department and organize workflow to provide optimum efficiency of testing and turnaround time of results in molecular department
- Extract, denature and purify DNA from assorted specimen for testing
- Perform PCR, hybridization, and genetic sequencing on specimens
- Verify results to determine interference, inhibition, or other problems that arise during extraction, amplification, or sequencing of DNA
- Perform quality control, validation, and other quality activities to verify performance of clinical assays
- Performing daily maintenance of equipment and troubleshoot unexpected problems with equipment monitor temperatures of incubation equipment.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and reagents and communicate requirements
- Operate complex equipment and computer programs related to equipment and HMIS system
- Maintain records of test results and archives of data
- Perform proficiency testing to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies
- Skills in another medical laboratory discipline with be an added advantage
Qualification & requirements:
- BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology or Molecular Biology Science
- Must be registered with KMLTTB and have a valid practicing license.
- Minimum two years working experience in molecular work
How To Apply
Head over to MP Shah Hospitals website and apply online.
To apply for this job please visit mpshahhosp.org.