Website NOVA PIONEER
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Laboratory Technician for our Tatu Girls High School. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high-quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask why instead of telling them the what. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 14 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit HTTP : / / www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities for the role include :
- Liaising with science teaching staff on their needs for practical work and maintaining an efficient system for the use and allocation of materials and equipment, setting a priority system where necessary.
- Advising science teaching staff on technical components of the curriculum.
- Assisting science teaching staff with demonstrations.
- Assisting science teaching staff in instructing students on the use/care of equipment.
- Advising and assisting science teaching staff in safety matters relating to the science laboratory.
- Demonstrating laboratory techniques to science teaching staff / students. • Setting out equipment and materials for the classroom / department.
- Using clear classroom demonstrations.
- Maintaining a safe chemical storage / handling / disposal system in accordance with current regulations.
- Assisting with the security of the science laboratory and equipment.
- Maintaining an inventory of equipment and annual stocktaking.
- Keeping a record of the consumables used regularly and maintain adequate supplies of them (including chemicals).
- Acquiring relevant catalogs and price lists. • Ordering equipment and chemicals in consultation with the manager.
- Assisting with labeling, storage, stock-taking and ordering of equipment and chemicals.
- Servicing and clean simple laboratory apparatus / equipment.
- Developing maintenance procedures for laboratory equipment and organize maintenance where required.
- Reporting damages to equipment and arranging repairs.
- Conducting safety audits for the laboratories. • Evaluating and selecting equipment, and make recommendations for purchase to the Science Coordinator.
- Skills and Qualifications required :
- Diploma or certificate in Science Laboratory Technology in Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognized institution.
- You possess 1-3 years of working experience in a recognized secondary school or equivalent institution.
- You are able to prepare students’ practical work up to 8-4-4 level with minimum supervision.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
HOW TO APPLY
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now! To apply, please visit our website. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us. Please note: You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
WORKING AT NOVA PIONEER
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. Novaneers work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels our work and learning.
To apply for this job please visit www.novapioneer.com.