Syn: Full Hemogram (FHG)
Utilize automated blood cell counting to determine various blood parameters. These include red and white cells, platelet and hemoglobin parameters. CBC is one of the most performed tests in medical laboratories.
Diseases /Conditions :
CBC is one of the most commonly performed test in across wide variety of clinical situations. Virtually any condition may be eligible for evaluation with CBC. It is used in diagnosis, monitoring disease progress and treatment of variety of conditions.
Some of the specific conditions where CBC is absolutely necessary include:
- Infectious diseases
- Hematologic conditions eg Anemia, Sickle cell disease
- Inflammatory conditions
- Hypersensitivity conditions
Automated cell count, laboratory based.
- Sample identified and checked if acceptable for analysis
- Depending on the machine, samples are labelled and put on the machine rack
- The analyser aspirates the correct amount for sample and carries out the analysis.
- Results are displayed on the screen. If satisfactory, they are printed and signed out.
Results /Reference Range:
Please refer to our reference range page here